Are you considering obtaining your SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP certification?
Do you want more information on ways WCHRA will help you prepare for your exam?
If so, please follow the link below and take the 2017 Certification Survey. We are here to help YOU succeed.
If you have any other questions, please email Kirstin Guptill at email@example.com
Welcome to the 2017 Diversity Initiative
The Role of Personality in the Workplace
There is real benefit in understanding each unique individual and embrace what they have to offer and organization. Through this elevated awareness of the diversity around us, we can become better leaders, supervisors, HR managers, and better colleagues and ultimately improve the effectiveness of the organization. The key to influencing people is to understand them.
• Diversity is about differences. Each of us is different. Our differences include background, education, gender, ethnicity, nationality, generation, age, working and thinking styles, learning styles, personality, religious background, sexual orientation, ability and technical skills.
• Inclusiveness is about leveraging these differences to achieve better business results. It is about creating an environment where all employees feel, and are, valued, where they are able to bring their differences to work each day, and where they contribute their personal best in every encounter.
It takes looking inward to get an external view of things. Understanding ourselves helps us to work better with someone else. Once we can grasp what we value and how we work, we can then learn about others. When we understand our way of working, in addition to the people we are working with, it will create a higher level of thinking to achieve organizational goals.
Over the course of the year we’ll be sharing information in a number of ways to help you:
· Gain a deeper understanding of ourselves by grasping what we as individuals value and how we work as a way to help us work better with others
· Understand the nature of personality and how it is determined by both nature and nurture and what personality traits are relevant to organizational behavior
· Be able to describe the Big Five personality traits and their implications for understanding behavior in organizations
· Identify strengths and challenges of introverted and extroverted thinking and behavior
· Learn how organizations manage ability through selection, placement, and training
Presentation for the March 2017 Monthly Member Program:
Effective Workplace Communication: Promoting Success Through a Culture of Trust and Belief
March MMP Effective Workplace Comm WCHRA 032217.pdf
We recently received the following invitation from Brian Ferrans BFerrans@peerassist.org to participate in an employer focus group next week. Contact Brian directly if you need more information:
Our program is working with the Colorado Office of Behavioral Health to provide substance abuse trainings and policy support to Colorado employers at no cost, in order to help address some of the rising instances of employee substance use/misuse. We are reaching out to Western Colorado employers in hopes to get some good participation in our Employer Focus Group on Tuesday, March 21st from 12:00-1:30pm at Home Loan State Bank in Grand Junction. The purpose of our focus group is to hear directly from employers how increasing employee substance use/misuse may be impacting their workplaces, as well as identify some strategies that may be helpful towards supporting Western Colorado employers around mitigating and/or reducing some of these issues. Our program recently collected survey data from employers all across the state and we are now focusing our effort on talking directly with employers in the Grand Junction to see how we can help address this very important issue that employers are facing.
Any one that participates will receive a $20 Visa gift card and food/beverages will also be provided. Registration link: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/colorado-employers-focus-group-grand-junction-tickets-32508368405?ref=enivtefor001&invite=MTE2MDg5NjMvYmZlcnJhbnNAcGVlcmFzc2lzdC5vcmcvMA%3D%3D&utm_source=eb_email&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=inviteformalv2&utm_term=eventpage
Brian Ferrans, MS
Prevention Programs Manager
Parents and Caregivers & Working Adults ProgramsPeer Assistance Services, Inc.
2170 S. Parker Rd. Suite 229 Denver, CO 80231
303.369.0039 ext 242 l fax 303.369.0982 | cell 303.947.0419
Registration open until noon on Monday, April 17 https://wchra.wildapricot.org/event-2472241
When: March 21, 2017 from 9:00 am to 2:00 pm
Where: Mesa County Workforce Center - Business Center
Space is limited, RSVP by March 17th, 2017!
To register, please complete the attached form and fax or email back to Employment Services
Spring 2017 Employer Jumpstart Invitation.pdf
Mesa County Workforce Center
Workforce Development Is Economic Development
As always, there will be NO cost!
What a year 2016 was! As we kick off 2017, we would like to recognize everyone who has recently been certified either through SHRM or HRCI.
If this is you, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and tell us about it. (or reply to this post!) We would love to know what you did to prepare, what products you used and what your experience was like taking your exam. Do you have any tips for those who are starting this journey? We look forward to your story.
Most importantly we want to celebrate your success and your dedication to furthering your career in Human Resources.
Attracting and Retaining TalentWCHRAJan2017.ppt